These are a few of our favorite things
Best for cruising
Even with limited space, there are some things that you don't want to cruise without. And some additional items that help you utilize all the space you do have in your cabin. Check out our top 8 things that we cruise with!
8. Sea sickness medicine - While we are not ourselves prone to seasickness ourselves, we know a lot of people are, and especially in the winter months, you can feel the rocking, so always better to be safe than sorry. This medicine is not known to make you drowsy, so it is our recommendation to ensure you are feeling great during your cruise!
7. Towel Clips - It can be windy on the sea, so these towel clips will allow you to leave your towel without fear of losing it.. Plus it will help you remember where your seat was! If you want some cuter ones, we love the flamingo ones, but there are lots of other choices as well! If you want an option that takes up less packing space, you could try these towel bands.
6.Water shoes - We always have some water shoes with us on all cruises. While we love Merrell, Keen and Teva sandals for water shoes, these are a good cheaper alternative. if you want something even easier to pack, check out these water socks, that will give you a little protection for rocky shores, but are also easy to pack.
5. packing cubes - With limited cabin space, these can help organize your luggage, as well as maximize your space inside your cabin. Consider getting a different color for each family member to make it easy to identify everyones items! Also consider a hanging organizer for cosmetics as well.
4. Reusable straws - of the cruise lines have gotten rid of single use straws. They might have edible or paper options available, but if you are like us, we are not a fan of those, so we bring our own reusables with us wherever we go.
3. Magnetic Hooks - cruise walls are all magnetic, so having additional hooks to hang backpacks, bathing suits, towels and hats makes a big difference. Space is everything on a cruise ship!
2. Lanyards - cruise lanyards are one of the most popular cruise essentials. Allowing you to carry your card hands-free makes it super convenient around the ship. We love the ones with a clip to easily remove it for on board charges, but snap it right back into place. You can also get a waterproof phone case for it as well.
1. Cruise approved power strip - Most staterooms have only 1 or 2 outlets, and we need way more than that. Surge-protected power pars are not allowed, but these ones are cruise approved, and good to take with you. We never cruise without it!
Best for Disney world
Packing for Disney can be just as complex as planning for Disney. We have compiled our top 7 items that we never travel to Disney without!
7. Cooling Towel - Don't get caught in the Florida heat without these cooling towels. They are especially useful in the summer, but really can be used anytime. You get them wet, wring them out, and they are cooler than the air temperature to cool you down.
5. Reusable Water Bottle - Don't get stuck in the hot sun, or having to buy bottled water all day. Take a reusable bottle and fill it up throughout the parks. If you still want filtered water, then check out this Brita Filtered Water bottle. Filtered water without the waste of plastic bottles!
4. Reusable straws - Disney has gotten rid of plastic straws, so if you like to use straws (better than paper ones), then check out these. We have lots of different ones that we use in the parks, plus at home!
3. Five Pack Poncho - Don't get caught with out a poncho for you and the kids. These 5 pack disposables are easy to pack and don't take up much room. If you do need to use, them, you can just toss them after use. If you want to splurge and go for one you can use on multiple trips, then you should check out these ones for adults and Kids.. And they come in a cute pink polka dot ones for a Disney feel.
2. Comfortable shoes - While everyone has different opinions about which kinds of shoes to wear all day in the parks, we prefer sandals over tennis shoes. Whatever you choose to wear, they need to be comfortable, since you could be walking 5+ miles in one day. Also, make sure that you don't wear new shoes to the parks. You should have worn them before, to ensure they are good for your feet. Since we always get asked what we prefer, we put our favs on the list. We love croc sandals, especially the swift water sandal. It works great for our needs, but there are lots of other options that might work better for you.
1. Portable Phone Charger - This is a must have, especially now with Genie+. You will rely heavily on your phone to ensure you get the next rides, order mobile food, check wait times etc. Charging stations are limited in the park, so be sure to carry your own. The Anker Slim works well to keep two phones well charged for the day, and is well priced. If you want a bigger one, the Anker 325 is the way to go.